Call to Artists for The Koss Family Foundation, Inc.
Artists come out to support Koss Family Foundation, Inc. Art in the Big Easy Art Show and Silent Auction will be held at the Branch at 1501, 1501 Washington, Racine WI 53403 from 6:00–10:00 p.m. Prior to the event work will be posted on our event and auction website for advanced viewing and bidding.
The Koss Family Foundation is a Racine based nonprofit supporting community members facing a cancer diagnosis. In 2017, through diligent work, they’ve made an impact in the lives of cancer patients and their families throughout Wisconsin providing $11,000 in financial relief toward everyday living expenses. Recently the American Cancer Society recognized the Koss Family Foundation listing it in resources for families battling cancer.
Team Koss lost our own cancer fighter in November. Steve Koss reminded us every day through his courageous battle with pancreatic cancer, to pay forward the generosity of those around us. We will not forget his passion and dedication to his fellow cancer patients. We think of him as we enter the new year, our commitment renewed to raise the monies needed to continue our mission.
Help us make a difference! Saturday, March 24th, 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. by auctioning your original artwork for a good cause. Here at KossFF we do not want you to give us your hard work but rather to partner with you for a good cause. We have created a couple different ways for you to participate.
There is no fee for submission. Artists over the age of 18 may submit and we have two ways for you to participate.
- Submit an original piece to be auctioned by silent auction with 25% of profits going to the foundation the other 75% going to the artist.
- Create a small square up to 12”x12” on a canvas provided by the Koss Family Foundation. Mardi Gras or New Orleans themed pieces are encouraged but not required. These pieces will be part of the silent auction with a low minimum bid of only $25. All profits go to the foundation. Canvasses will be available for pick up at the Racine Business Center Office starting January 16, 2018. RBC Office hours are Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m.–4:00pm.
Deliver Work to the Racine Business Center Office 1405 16th Street, Racine, WI on or before March 9, 2018 during regular business hours. As noted above, we will be posting images of all the artwork on our bidcoz.com auction site, so the sooner we receive it the sooner we will upload it for bidding. (bidcoz.com/kossff/bigeasy)
PLEASE include your name, contact information, artwork dimensions, media, minimum bid and retail value when you drop off your artwork. Artists will be contacted to pick up any artwork that is unsold at the end of the event within two weeks of the event.
Artists are invited to serve as a volunteer at the event by filling out a volunteer application found on www.kossff.org.
Tickets for the event can be purchased at www.bidcoz.com/kossff/bigeasy.
Contact with questions: